Saturday, March 24, 2007

My Poor Orchid


None of this is insightful or particularly interesting to anyone, even me. It's just what's happening......

My neighbor across the street is having a yard sale today, so I went over to check it out this morning. When I came home, I Beau had knocked over my orchid, my precious orchid with it's three new blooms. The same three new blooms I have been waiting a year for and was hoping would last for six months. Yeah, that orchid. The one I've been planning on taking lots of pictures of, the one I only have one picture of so far, the one that has had it's three beautiful bloom broken off of....they're in a bud vase now. I hope they'll at least last long enough for me to get some pictures of them.....Bad Beau.

I took a bike ride this morning after my coffee group. It was nice, but I should have gone before coffee.....just got side tracked with the orchid fiasco. By the time coffee was over it was already getting a little too warm. How can the weather go from being too cold to too warm so fast?? I wanted to enjoy the Spring, but I've been having to stay in to get all this artwork finished on time.....

Last night was Cat's opening at the new gallery. I intended on confronting the owner about how he's going to pay me for the pieces of mine he has, but I guess I hadn't had enough wine to give me the courage. I'm way too nice sometimes...maybe I'll just send him a bill.......sometimes this town is just too small. Other than having to see that guy, I had a nice time. Drew was playing the guitar for the gallery, so it was nice to see him and chat a little. I'm going to see if he can play for my opening next month.....Cat and I went to dinner afterwards, and it was really good. A little on the expensive side, but good.....

And I finally got the photos shot of my painted pieces...at least the ones that are finished. Of course, there are lots more to finish......now I'm off to try to get the hanging hardware put on......then they have to be varnished and have time to cure.....and then on Friday they go to the first show at Eric's studio......and the whirlwind starts! It would really be nice to have someone to help me with all this....someone to be supportive and helpful...it gets really old having to try to remember everything and do everything myself....you know, the two brains are better than one theory....the four hands are better than two theory works equally well here...

There's some kind of sustainability network place (www.arnetwork.org) that's having it's grand opening today. I'm supposed to be going by there with Susan, who's in town from California. It may be the last time I get to see her before she goes back, so I don't want to miss it, even though I really should be working.....it's almost 2:00 and I haven't gotten a lick of work done yet! Seems to be how all my days are going....so much to do, so little time.....Calgon, take me away!

No comments: